How to find a new residential block managing agent
Finding new managing agents can be a complex process. Then negotiating a new contract can be even harder - by following a process to filter through all the possible agents and request matching quotes, you will make the best decision.
Step 1: Search
The first step is to use our search function to find the agents that service your area. By including basic information on your building size, you can see those agents that have the best experience in managing similar buildings to your own.
Step 2: Compare & pick short list
Review the information show on each agent. This includes things such as:
- Number of near-by buildings
- Professional bodies they are members of
- Which sign-up to our Service Level Agreements
- Services provided, and of course
Step 3: Send requirements & questions
Select the agents that you want more information from. You can then quickly send your requirements and questions to each agent – including your big issues like:
- Completing regular maintenance
- Managing large refurbishment projects
- Collecting service charges
- Screening new tenants
Step 4: Review all answers
Compare all of the response from agents to see which fit your building the best. Some things to look out for are:
- Agents that have solved similar problems to your own
- How much details they have included in response to you questions
- Which give you confidence
Step 5: Meet and sign
Arrange an interview with each agent that has provided a good written response to ask further questions, ensure you get on, etc. Request a mandate form from them – making sure you check their contractual terms before signing.
Get started by making a search with your postcode